Not to brag or anything but we know a lot of rad people who live in a lot of cool places… or visit them. Whenever you head for a weekend trip to a new city, how often do you ask people what their top 3 to 5 must-see places are in that city? I know I’m constantly asking that question of my friends. What we decided to do was make asking that question easy for you! We’re going to round up our cool friends from cool cities and have them give us their Fave Fives for their town — including where to eat, drink, shop, see and do. This is our inaugural edition and we’re really excited to share! Stay tuned for more.
Just in time for this year’s Toronto Film Festival, we asked our friend Arnette aka Round The World Girl to help us out with some faves. Arnette spent 19 months traveling to 19 different countries and hasn’t really slowed down since. She’s a Canadian and has friends and family on both coasts. Inspired by a recent stay with friends in Toronto, she helped us round up the 5 must-see (and do and eat and drink…) places in Toronto. Next time you’re there, print this baby out and you’ll have everything you need for a fun weekend!
We had rad dad Michael Antonia of YEAH! Rentals round up some of the items that are on his father’s day wish list. It’s got a perfect mix of price ranges and has something for every super stylish dad. To see more from Michael, check out the coolest furniture rental company around, YEAH! Rentals.
1. Don Julio 1942 Tequila Anejo
2. IMPERSONATOR by Majical Cloudz
3. Vintage Indian Summer Cot With Pendleton Portland Collection Blanket Fabric
4. Clarks Desert Boots
5. Modernica Case Study Ceramic Cylinder With Plinth
Alexis Garrett is one of our favorite moms. She’s definitely a lady that makes you ponder how she does it all. Her boys are adorable, her house is amazing, she’s a talented artist, designer, blogger & cook, an incredible friend AND throws one heck of a soiree. Who better to tap for a little Mother’s Day gift inspiration?? If your family is asking for some gift ideas, and you don’t have anything in mind, these fabulous items might give you some options.
1. Handmade wooden spoon by Heriott Grace – Aren’t these amazing!? They are a little piece of art to stir up your pot. Love.
2. Tiggy and Grace linen apron – I just know that food would taste better if I wore this while I cooked.
3. Heath Ceramics bud vase – Perfect for a rose next to your bedside.
4. Clare Vivier Monogramed Jewelry Pouch – I adore these so much and with a little “AG” on them it would be pure love.
5. “Stars and Moon” necklace by “Melissa Loves” – I have had the best time following Melissa on IG and seeing her start an amazing business making jewelry. You can find her on Instagram at LuckyLife2008.
Alright party people, help me out here. I’m going to Coachella for the first time ever and am totally diving in head-first. I’ll be camping AND working there this year and I’d love to hear what your packing essentials are for festivals. To be honest, I haven’t been to a festival since I used to go to The Warped Tour as a teenager (Bad Religion and AFI anyone?) so I’m pretty much just going with my gut on this one. I’ve got my essentials nailed down but would greatly appreciate your brilliant ideas in the comments below!
If you’ll be out there this year, come visit me as I sling (vegan + non-vegan) tacos at this taco truck and follow me on Twitter + Instagram (or on the TPS Twitter + Instagram) since I’ll be working some connections to score some artist interviews. As soon as I find out who I can snag for an interview, I’ll Tweet an announcement in case you want to send me any of your burning questions for that artist so be on the lookout!
Below are my absolute essentials but here is my full list (clicking on that link will download my list via Word Doc, complete with links to buy stuff!) and please remember to leave me some suggestions if you’ve got ‘em.
1. Fanny Pack or other light bag to store JUST the essentials while running around from show to show. This one from Clare Vivier is the perfect fashionable fanny pack, which was basically an oxymoron up until now.
2. Comfy shoes are key and for me that either means Vans or Chuck Taylors.
3. Dry Shampoo because I have no idea what the shower situation is going to be like and I need to prepare for the worst. This Oscar Blandi spray version is my absolute favorite.
4. Cleansing Wipes: see above about the shower situation. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst is my motto here.
5. Tinted Sunscreen is another key product for the sun and heat. I’m not going to want to wear a lot of makeup in that heat so Josie Maran’s tinted SPF will do double duty for me all weekend acting as both my make-up and SPF.
Plus you know I’ll be packing plenty of sundresses, a trusty pair of sunnies and a scarf that can double as both headwear and ground cover. Oh and thankfully my homies at Brixton hooked it up with the perfect hat to keep me from getting my face or scalp burned.
So tell me… what am I forgetting?!
Chirping birds, flowers in bloom and Easter candy…who doesn’t love spring?? I, for one, am a huge fan of the season and I’m thrilled it’s about to begin. These are the items I’m loving right now to transition me out of the winter blues and into the light of the longer, warmer days ahead. Next stop, summer!
1. As soon as the weather starts to warm up I start to crave gin & tonics. Alexis Garrett introduced me to Junipero Gin and it’s, hands down, the best gin I’ve ever had in my life. Happy hour just got even better!
2. I’ve tried almost every natural sunscreen under the sun and all of them left me either white as a ghost or slick like an oil spill. This Aubrey SPF 30 is the first to go on smooth, with just a dash of shine. Nothing that a little powder can’t fix.
3. I’m having a stud earring moment and fell in love with these Echo Park Studs from Urban Outfitters. They’re so fun & chic and will roll perfectly into summer.
4. I can’t stand big bulky bobby pins. These Smoothies Minis are perfect to pull a few strands away from the face and great for fine hair in general. I also love their platinum color, it blends well with my blond locks.
5. I love this H&M skirt so much I got four of them! It’s the perfect fit, can de dressed up or down, and at $5.95, you can’t beat the price.
Happy first day of March! Daylight Saving Time is officially around the corner (3/10) so it’s time to spruce up our wardrobes and mind our health for the fast approaching first day of spring. So without further adieu, a few things to get us on track.
1. A fun necklace from Elva Fields is a great way to kick off spring.
2. Clear frame sunglasses to get you going into spring and well into summer.
3. What once was a concept is now officially becoming a reality! The Socialmatic is an instant camera that makes your Instagram photos a reality and able to print out in seconds. Seriously, how excited are you?
4. With all of the stuff going around this winter I’m thinking it’ll be a good idea to keep this around this spring. This all-natural cold and flu remedy made of lemon, ginger and honey even seems easy enough to make.
5. These sandals are so cute and simple enough to pair with almost anything.
- Christmas Breakfast | The Post Soci…
- Holiday Giveaway With Three Sisters…
- White Mountaineering | Peeped
- 5 Simple Christmas Table Settings +…
- Holiday Appetizers | The Post Socia…
- Irish Mule Cocktail Recipe | The Po…
- NYE Outfit for the Ladies | Some No…
- DIY Mountain Mousepad | Little Whit…
- Holiday Gift Guide For Dudes | San …
- Shibori Flannel Baby Blanket | The …
TPS on Tumblr
- If you've been Post Marked and would like your post removed, email us here.