Posted in honor of International Sunglass Day by TPS contributor Raluca of What Would Gwyneth Do
Here is one thing my wardrobe has learned with age: sometimes one is simply not enough. Especially when it comes to sunglasses. Different styles can reinvent anything from a t-shirt and jeans to a cute cocktail dress, and a girl needs to have options to take her from day to night and in between. Here are five classic sunglass styles every woman should have her in her collection:
1. The aviator. Ray Ban makes the quintessential “Top Gun” inspired style, but you can find similar styles from cheap to chic. It’s the perfect daytime shade. Easy, effortless, cool and looks good on virtually anyone.
2. The cat eye. Insta-glam. Cat eyes can seem intimidating at first, but once you work them into your wardrobe, you won’t look back. They are super stylish but with a classic edge, and are perfect for days spent window shopping, brunching or cocktailing with friends.
3. The oversized. You may not be having “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” but you’ll be channeling Audrey Hepburn’s iconic style in an instant with the right pair of big, oversized plastic frames. These are just as great for fancy daytime functions that call for cocktail attire as they are with boyfriend jeans and a cardigan.
4. The trendy pair. Once you have all the classics in plain sight, it’s time to turn to the trends. This summer, it’s all about fun patterns – plaid, polka dots, zebra stripes. Keep your investment here to a minimum and you can add a punch of pop culture style to your wardrobe every season.
5. The white pair. Trust me on this one. A girlfriend bought me a pair of white sunglasses once as a gift and I eyed them suspiciously and assumed they would be relegated to my drawer. Turns out, they are the perfect summer shades to pack for vacations, days by the beach or trips to the pool. They turn up the volume on your tan and whisper “one more pina colada, please” with serious style.
- Flower Power DIY | The Post Social
- Modern High Chair | The Post Social
- Cut-Out T-Shirt DIYs | The Post Soc…
- Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita Recipe…
- Honey-Glazed Salmon, Quinoa Salad &…
- DIY Braided Crop Top | Le Fanciulle
- $5 DIY Piñata | The Complete Guide …
- DIY Honey And Avocado Face Mask | T…
- Zara Kids | The Post Social
- The Bee’s Knees Cocktail | The Post…
TPS on Tumblr
- If you've been Post Marked and would like your post removed, email us here.