Posted by TPS contributor Arsy of Rubies & Radishes
Hi All! Arsy of Rubies & Radishes, here to share my favorite smoothie recipe with you! Ever since I have been pregnant, this has been my go to snack. It’s low in sugar, packed with nutrients and gives me tons of energy.
Berries are great for smoothies because they are low in sugar and are loaded with antioxidants. The healthy fats in this recipe from the avocado and coconut oil are great for digestion. They help us absorb vitamins A,D,E & K and they help us stay full longer. Coconut oil is also the most abundant natural source of lauric acid. This fatty acid has strong anti-fungal & antimicrobial properties. In other words, it is great for our immune system. An added bonus – coconut oil has also been found to increase metabolism and improve hair and skin! If you are pregnant, the ginger is awesome for soothing nausea!
Instructions + Ingredients:
1.5 cup frozen organic mixed berries
1 tablespoon organic, extra virgin coconut oil
½ an avocado
1 cup coconut water
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 scoop whey protein powder – go for organic, antibiotic & hormone free (optional)
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Cut-Out T-Shirt DIYs | The Post Soc…
- Quiksilver Boardshorts | The Post S…
- Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita Recipe…
- Modern High Chair | The Post Social
- Flower Power DIY | The Post Social
- Irish Mule Cocktail Recipe | The Po…
- Summer Vibes Playlist | The Post So…
- San Diego Style Hot Carrots | Warm …
- Desert Camping | Brixton Happenings
- DIY Braided Crop Top | Le Fanciulle
TPS on Tumblr
- If you've been Post Marked and would like your post removed, email us here.