Our friend, Jenny Bouwer, is a total inspiration in healthy living. She’s the owner of Four Seasons Yoga, founder of Karma Yoga San Diego and of the first ever Ashtanga Yoga Confluence. She’s also an incredible cook and is in the midst of writing her first cookbook. We originally asked if she would share one of her favorite salad recipes using her home grown lettuce… little did we know that this post would become a total garden inspiration.
She and her husband James have an incredibly hardy garden that produces some of the most amazing lettuce we’ve ever tasted. It made us want to run out and plant our own ASAP! Jenny says growing your own food will inspire you to eat and live a healthy life and that the prana in the food is so powerful you will start to crave it. She turned us into believers! The salad is a garden medley with goat cheese, walnuts and a homemade apple cider vinegar dressing, the recipe is after the jump.
This recipe serves two and here’s what you’ll need:
Three to four pieces (split big) of the following:
Purple leaf lettuce
Three handfuls of arugula
1/4 chopped candied walnuts
4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
1/2 chopped gala apple
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 pinches sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon mustard
5 dashes of salt
8 dashes of pepper
Mix greens, walnuts, apples and cheese together in a salad bowl.
In separate bowl, mix together olive oil, sugar, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
Pour over lettuce mix and serve.
This salad is seriously delicious.
Photos: James Bouwer
- Cut-Out T-Shirt DIYs | The Post Soc…
- Flower Power DIY | The Post Social
- Modern High Chair | The Post Social
- Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita Recipe…
- Honey-Glazed Salmon, Quinoa Salad &…
- Summer Seagull Print | The Post Soc…
- Five Summer Hair Must-Haves | The P…
- 25 Summer Sewing Projects from Mart…
- DIY Honey And Avocado Face Mask | T…
- Summer Sewing | A Field Journal
TPS on Tumblr
- If you've been Post Marked and would like your post removed, email us here.