Just in time for summer berries and peaches, today TPS contributor Rebecca Baust from The Daily Muse shares the perfect dessert to compliment any summertime picnic!
Store bought pie dough (I used puff pastry)
Seasonal fruit of your choice
Sprinkling of cinnamon
Smidgeon of sugar
Fresh lemon or orange juice
1. Roll the dough and cut into 2 or 4 squares, depending on how much pie you wanna eat.
2. In a bowl, mix the fruit, sugar, cinnamon, and citrus juice to your liking.
3. Spoon the fruit mixture into the middle of the dough squares.
4. Fold the dough over the fruit and seal the sides with a fork.
5. Make an egg wash* and brush it over the top of the pie.
6. Sprinkle the top with a bit of sugar.
7. Follow the cooking directions on your pie dough or bake until golden brown and oozing with fruit.
*an egg wash is simply a beaten egg with a bit of water.
These aren’t supposed to look beautiful so have fun. Let the kids decorate the top however they wish.
Recipe adapted from Dinner a Love Story.
- Cut-Out T-Shirt DIYs | The Post Soc…
- Modern High Chair | The Post Social
- Samantha French Large Format Prints…
- DIY Braided Crop Top | Le Fanciulle
- Flower Power DIY | The Post Social
- Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita Recipe…
- Modern Classics: Wingtips + Saddle …
- Our Best Barbecue Recipes | Cooking…
- DIY Fabric Coil Bowl | The Red Thre…
TPS on Tumblr
- If you've been Post Marked and would like your post removed, email us here.